Thursday, July 7, 2016

Sky Bridge At Kingdom Centre - Riyadh




When you're in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia's city capital), it is a must to visit the Sky Bridge located on top of Kingdom Centre.  The Kingdom Centre is the iconic building in the heart of Riyadh City.  The tower is 100 floors high and on the top, a Sky Bridge is nestled with fantastic views of the whole city.  It is open to tourists from 12pm - 11pm.

Selfie with Kingdom Centre Background

Just in front of Kingdom Centre


They say that the best time to experience the sky bridge is at dawn.  So that's what I'm doing today.  It's 6:00 PM and I'll be going up now.  As I entered the Kingdom Center, I noticed that there are a lot of people entering too.  I almost forgot that it's a holiday today and I said to myself that there might be a long queue going to the Sky Bridge.  But since I'm here might as well push through.

The first 3 floors of the building is a mall. I proceed to the 2nd floor of the mall where the entrance to the Sky Bridge is.  And just as I suspected... there's the long line of people who are going to the Sky Bridge.

Mall inside Kingdom Centre

Mall inside Kingdom Centre

Long queue to Sky Bridge Entrance



Sky Bridge Ticket


It took me 2 hours to get a ticket. Well, that's what I get for going here on a holiday. Ticket to the Sky Bridge is worth SR60 for adults and SR25 for kids.  Someone told me that 3 years before it was worth half the price.  After securing the ticket, you will be guided to an elevator going up the building.  First, the elevator will take you to the 77th floor, then transfer to another elevator to take you to the 100th floor where the Sky Bridge is.

Original Plan was to experience the Sky Bridge at dawn around 6:00 PM - 6:30 PM, but because of the long queue, I reached there by 8:00 PM.  Oh well, nothing I can do now.  Just make most of the experience.

Inside Sky Bridge At Night

Inside Sky Bridge At Night

View Of The City At Night On Sky Bridge

View Of The City At Night On Sky Bridge
For more information about Kingdom Centre, visit their website at http://kingdomcentre.com.sa/

For more blogs about Saudi Arabia, please visit:  http://onlyndzinksa.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment